the search for 'neo'...

1.12.04

the virginia gentleman

i am an insomniac. i dont sleep normal hours. sometimes i barely sleep at all. i sit and read, or watch tv, or surf the net. i do these things while the rest of you sleep. i do these things to continue my life while the rest of you sleep. i am an insomniac. or so i thought. or so i labeled myself. until i met her. because she is an insomniac. and she is on a completely different level. i musta been kidding myself. me. an insomniac? pshh! she puts me to shame. we have three hour conversations. beginning at 2 am. while you sleep, we talk. we talk about anything and everything. we talk about everything under the sun - or in our case, everything under the moon. she is intriguing. she makes me look like a simpleton. so far ive had her pegged right. so far ive had her in the right 'box'. so far. that cant last very long. she's too multi-layered. she's too much like me. it works too well. which is why i hate to ask myself... why? you may never admit it, but every relationship has a reason. you find them stimulating. they find you stimulating. you find them attractive. they find you attractive. you have something they want. they have something you want. you make them laugh. they make you laugh. even in the blogworld the reason exists. why are you reading my words? more importantly, why do you come back here to read my words? why do you check my blog once a day? once a week? once a month? it all comes down to one characteristic. value. value is the key to all relationships. relationships exist because of value. you have to value somebody enough to maintain a relationship. you have to value them enough to put forth the effort. because relationships require effort. you value something about them; whether it is tangible, or intangible, there is no denying that it exists. and if the value disapears, so does the motivation to exert oneself. objectivism to the core. it appears that she's given me a reason. but is it as simple as it seems? is there more to it? and more importantly, what is her reason? there has to be one, or am i just another insomniac?

1 comments:

  • Well said! Everything in life really does come down to whether or not it holds something important to you.

    You always make me think.

    By Blogger Flirtini, at 12/01/2004 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home